top of page

My Housing Application Details

Arranging for SmartSuites housing is a simple step by step process


Think "early" is your first step
SmartSuites is the green on-campus housing option. With all LED lighting, high efficiency individual unit HVAC, sound absorbing no paint carpeted public walls and 20 camera plus security; this is place to call home. Occupancy is limited to those who will complete all application steps Yes, take step 1 below early.

1  Submit housing application
Student Services is the go-to office once the student has completed all qualifying steps following program application and is on the way to be accepted to a program of study. Find the housing application here.

2  SmartSuites costs explained
Review application and occupancy cost schedule below. Pay careful attention to pre-confirmation and confirmation timetables mentioned. After reviewing the numbers and timetable below complete review.

Schedule for private bedroom in dual occupancy suite 


3  Understand Monthly rent & other possible charges
$689 monthly due in full 1st of month. Late charge $35 is applied on 6th of month if rent is not paid by 5th of month.

$400 security | maintenance | processing fee due with first year housing application. Subsequent, additional year housing application begins with a $125 processing fee.


If any of the monthly late charge, security violation, housekeeping, and/or maintenance charges listed below are incurred, the $400 fee will be charged. account must be replenished. Security and/or maintenance charges incurred must be paid in full by the 5th day of the following month following. A special late charge of $35 will be incurred. This late charge is separate from any tuition or other student account late charge. This special late charge will be repeated monthly until the $400 account has been made whole.

All charges listed bellow have been incurred during a current period, separate from move out recovery or security charges. 
Monthly Lease Security charge schedule $35 (LC_1)
- $35 late charge due 6th of following month

Housekeeping Recovery Expected $50 first citation (HNI_1)
- $50 Housekeeping fee applied (with or without actual housekeeping service) for any suite area cited as "Housekeeping-Needs-Improvement (HNI_1). This fee may be cited individually to one or both occupants of a suite.


Housekeeping Recovery Expected $50 second citation (HNI_2)
- $100 Housekeeping fee applied (with or without actual housekeeping service) for any suite area cited as "Housekeeping-Needs-Improvement (HNI_2). This fee may be cited individually to one or both occupants of a suite.

Wall or surface other noted damage $30 per hour staff (WND_1) .. or actual amount plus 20% when incurred using vendor assistance .

Furniture damage (not wear and tear) actual replacement cost plus 20% (FDA_1)

Door or entry or unregistered occupants (over 2 hours) per event $30 (OTH_1)

Other as may be stated
... subject to discovery by staff or as reported. Amount will be based on actual vendor charges an staff chargers. A detailed Invoice will be prepared.

All amounts above are due plus any required sales tax.


Special Drug and/or smoking charge ... may result if the Office of Provost under advice of staff or related, discovers drug or smoking violation. As a result of declaration by the Office of Provost, the entire $400 security | maintenance | processing fee account will be the full $400 amount. Replenishment of this account begins the following month.

SmartSuites fee schedule

SmartSuites funding

How does one budget SmartSuites amounts due?


4  - Planning housing funding, the Admissions Officer works closely with the Financial Assistance Office (FAO) in prompting early planning for SmartSuites occupancy. Some students discover usual financial aid does not cover housing costs. However, there are options ranging personal funding via Sallie May private funding to part time job options.

5 - Getting started payment(s) due:
- $50 housing application fee due within 10 to 30 days begin the confirmation process. Early payment may shorten processing time.
- $400 fee is due with loan funding ... usually limited to PLUS loan or Sallie Mae private loan. Cash payers may wish to complete payment within a stated period to advance confirmation.

6 - A usual one year lease agreement will be made available for signing follow $50 payment receipt.

What comes with a confirmed SmartSuites suite?

What's to look for?


First, SmartSuite tenants won't need a key. All suite entry is made using a digital door pad code. SmartSuites building entrance is accessed using a digital fob. Each fob is tuned to each user. As a result each user is recorded "in" when using his/her ID'd fob. Don't lose your fob as a replacement will cost $16.00. It should be requested through Student Services. Allow time for reencoding the fob system with your 

A rather complete living area
At the entrance living area you'll find a comfortable sofa, a comfort chair for relaxing, a table with two chairs for dining, small accent table, and a full size TV with satellite reception. High speed wireless is included.

The associated kitchen provides a lot of cabinet space for sharing between roommates. Find a full size dishwasher, full size fridge with freezer space, and of course a sink for cleaning dishes and preparing your wonderful meals. You or your roommate may have already have furnished the microwave. We'll hope to get you two in contact closer to move-in.

Each private bedroom will come equipped with a twin bed with a new mattress protector provided upon move-in, a full wardrobe for clothes, a desk and desk chair perfect for completing your homework and assignments!

Each suite has its own electrical power panel and a dedicated air conditioning/heating system with thermostat. Look for comfort in the air!


What to bring at move-in ...


- Bedding (for a twin size frame, maybe mattress toper if you prefer "soft"

- Clothes
- Toiletries & shower essentials
- Cleaning supplies (yes, there is a broom closet)
- Microwave (make sure you clean inside top and side walls to prevent burnout)
- Cooking items with no open flames - George Forman is great
- Nails, hooks for hanging fixtures, for ha
- Dish washer pods (if you plan to use built in dishwasher)

- Comfort items to make you feel at home :)
- Wash machine powder or pods

Setting up a SmartStuite | What to bring

What to leave at home


- Pets (arrange for your service animal at an off campus site)
- Lighters (no smoking -- none!)
- Weapons
- Candles (plug in air fresheners are ok)

- Strip lights (absolutely none)
- Cooking items with open flame

- Nails, hooks for hanging fixtures, pictures, decor

Setting up a SmartStuite | What NOT to bring

Administrative Check List for Student Services Serving On-Campus Students

bottom of page